Thursday 28 December 2006

The Rabbit Saga, pt. 2

The last time I wrote, the Nabaztag I received for Christmas had been rather difficult. I had overcome many problems, including the wrong type of plug and the official website being totally useless. Now, it seems to have decided to do nothing much at all.

Despite setting it up properly and following the instructions to the letter, it just sits there. The idea is that it will receive messages from the Internet, read news and do a variety of other things. It doesn't do any of these things, despite appearing to be working properly.

I have to wonder at this point whether this thing was a big mistake. Despite the guys at the Nabaztag forums being extremely helpful, I am getting nowhere in a hurry, and from reading some of the other posts, many many people have been disappointed. Granted, I don't expect anyone to go to the forum and just post that their rabbit is working perfectly, so I expect the forum to be a little woe-heavy, but it is very active.

I did make a complaint to Violet, the company behind these rabbits. I received a very short, horribly informal response telling me that their website was now working properly (it wasn't). This is just so disappointing, because you realise you have invested in a product made by a company who, having gladly taken your money, could not care less whether you have received what you have paid for.

Because of all the problems, I am not going to recommend this to anyone. If you are thinking of getting yourself a Nabaztag or a Nabaztag/tag (the 'upgraded' version, on which most of the functions aren't yet working anyway) then please spend your money on something else. If anybody from Violet happens to stumble across this blog, I am waiting for you to send me a polite, understanding email telling me that your company has failed me and offering what help it can.

Other Rabbit Blogs

No comments: